If you go back 20 years, no one knew was a buyers agent was, but those times are slowly changing.
With the added publicity around Buyers agents on Prime time TV shows such as “The Block” (here is a sneak peak that their next project if your interested) and “Buying Blind” the general public are now being shown the value and opportunity a buyers agent can bring to the process.
So why are more people choosing to use a buyer’s agent? Here are 7 reasons we come across on a regular bases.
7 Advantages for Buyers
- Professional property buyer’s agents are property experts and have detailed information on the areas that they specialise in. They can advise on the best streets, the most sought after types of properties, properties that have better potential for capital growth and those to avoid.
- A buyers’ agent searches and reviews the details of hundreds of properties each week and inspects dozens of short listed properties for their clients, saving buyers hundreds of hours of legwork contacting all the selling agents, trawling the internet and sacrificing their weekends viewing properties.
- Buyers agents use their contacts in the real estate profession to obtain details of properties before they are even advertised on the open market (often called silent sales). This suits some sellers who may be reluctant to allow their home to be open for invasive home inspections and who may not wish to pay for the advertising costs to market the property.
- Because buyers’ agents are doing this full-time they are able to search across a wider and more extensive range of properties than the buyer would be able to themselves.
- A buyers’ agent does all the research and due diligence for their client, liaising with property valuers, building and pest consultants, engineers, surveyors, architects and other consultants as required to ensure your property represents value in every respect.
- Buyers agents are experienced negotiators. They will negotiate on your behalf to secure the property at the best possible price. Also, they know the right tactics and strategies to use when dealing with real estate agents and remain objective at all times without becoming emotionally attached to a property.
- Because property buyer’s agents refer a lot of business to building and pest inspectors and solicitors, they tend to be more responsive. This allows the purchase to proceed more quickly, before other buyers have even started the process. In today’s competitive market, this becomes a real advantage.
Zoran Solano, Senior Buyers Agent @ Hot Property Buyers Agency